Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A New Twist of Spinning with a Spindle
Today, my new Spindolyn arrived.  I think the best term to describe it is 'sweet'.  I discovered this sweet spindle on Youtube when I was trying to re-learn how to spin and had decided to start with spindles -- they are slower and you can take your time, before the whirl and wind of a fast spinning wheel.  Here's the video: 
 The spindle has a brass shaft with a whorl and  the brass shaft  sits in a holder where it spins happily away without getting away from you.  This means you can sit and spin.  Think travel.  I could spin in a kayak!  Okay, maybe not, but it would be easy to pack it up and take kayaking with me.  And it spins so beautifully.  Smooth, swift.  Sweet.  Designed and created by  by Catherine Goodwin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment