Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A New Year

The Easter Lilies are blooming again and that means spring is here! It also means winter has gone by and I still haven't finished what is on my loom. I'm not sure why I haven't finished it. It was in the back room and I thought by moving the loom (it is only 24" wide and has a stand) into the living room that I would weave at least a little bit almost every day. I mean, there is no way I could ignore it with it sitting right there. But it is amazing how something becomes part of the unseen everyday environment. The background furniture. It isn't that I don't like the fabric, I do. I like the subtle harmony of the various blues, the different textures (ribbon, mohair, bamboo and wool). Maybe I am worried about the finishing, the fulling of the fabric. It would make a nice scarf weight, but I am hoping to make a jacket or a light sweater but I need to finish it with some fulling to pull all the threads together into a finished fabric that has a bit more substance and that will require a bit of testing with some swatches. So there it sits. 


1 comment:

  1. it certainly looks pretty sitting there in your livingroom -- and I snuck a feel of it the other evening -- very soft! How wonderful it would be to have a jacket made of fabric you'd spun and woven yourself!

    ReplyDelete